Fenrans- a brief overview

tell us what you saw

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

Dreamwolf

Fenrans- a brief overview

Post by Dreamwolf »

Fenrans. A race that saved my life from some less than likeable species that planned on abducting members of our race for use as living hosts for their young.

The Fenrans are bipedal, mostly human in shape, and extremely intelligent and long lived.

I suck at art, so even a basic sketch is beyond me. So I will use my words to paint a pretty picture.

Picture a human with soft fur about 1-1.5" in length covering their whole body, add a pair of large wolf like ears that start at the edge of the jaw and go up until about half way to the very top of their head, these ears are slightly more vulpine(foxlike) in females. Their tails are covered with longer fur and are very bushy again like a wolf, these tails play a critical role in their language and help them to balance, a Fenran without a tail will find it very difficult to stay on their feet. Their eyes are larger than a human's but not by too much. Eye color is varied with brown being the most common (as far as I've seen) and blue and green being very rare, gold or orange seem to be more common than blue or green but less common than brown.

Fenrans tend to be shades of brown or grey although I have seen a white Fenran and two black Fenrans. Females tend to be lighter colored than males and their overall body structure is very fine making them look far more delicate than they really are. Males tend to be stockier and more powerfully built than females but they are still very lean compared to a human. They only have four digits on their hands and feet, a thumb and three fingers. Their feet have long toes with thick pads and they walk more on the balls and toes then they do on the rest of the foot.

In Fenran society males are inferior to females in regards to their judgment and emotional control. A male will react with his feelings first then with his head. Females are calmer and more aloof than males. Females who wish to mate choose the male, however, a male may engage in a courtship ritual that I have not been told about beyond the fact that it is quite explicit compared to anything a human might do.

Fenran females run their civilization. They are ruled by a queen who is directly descended (from mother to daughter) from the first queen. Fenran military officers are mostly females with a few dedicated and exceptional males thrown in for the sake of equality.

Although they are far more advanced than humans technologically they are still capable of some very primal behaviors. While I recovered from my abduction in their care I witnessed two fights that were almost to the point of death because two males were trying to court the same female. In both fights it was the same two males.

One of the things I learned while with the Fenrans is that they are genetically compatible with humans. Their genetic coding is so similar to ours that inter breeding may be possible in the future.

I am happy to mention that several species from our planet that we humans wiped out are still alive on another planet where the Fenrans and some of their allies brought them to preserve their unique form of life.

Sadly the fact these speices needed intervention is why the Fenrans have decided to wait for humans to mature before sharing their tech with us, including cures for diseases like cancer and Parkinson's and others like them.

The Fenrans have been communicating with me every two or three days. I am hoping that they will teach me more about their culture.