Sighting, but not sure what it was

tell us what you saw

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

wings

Sighting, but not sure what it was

Post by wings »

Hey all,

I havent been around for a long while.

It begins with my puppy wanting to go out. I get outside and look around, and over the top of this house comes a light, about 2,000 feet altitude, slightly low, slow, and yellowish. Its coming towards me from Phoenix. The object is flickering like a flame. I am guessing it is doing 80 knots, very slow, and figure its an old Cessna (or something) that has a bad landing light (going yellowish). About that time, another one comes into view from behind the neighbors house, same altitude, color, speed, etc, following the first. Then comes another. 3 Total. Same speeds, etc. I think to myself, I need to film this and take photos, and begin to get my camera going on my phone.

As I am flipping through controls on the phone, one object turns off towards Scottsdale, the trailing object brightly flickers and starts a descent, then goes out, totally black, object lost. The middle 1st object, now off to Scottsdale flickers, begins to lower altitude, then goes into a slow descent also, a very slight flickering in it. I lose sight of it. The middle object then makes a turn and starts heading towards Scottsdale and then goes black, lost it.

In that period of time, I tried to film them, thought I had anyways. Turns out I had like 2 seconds of footage, and I thought I was filming them for quite a bit. I have heard of people's phone cameras not working when they see a UFO, so.... maybe that happened? I think maybe I didnt get the controls right and didnt film it right, even though I swear it was on. Probably in paused mode.

And... I am not convinced they were UFO's. They really looked like home made balloons with a flame in them for hot air generation. But.. There was no wind, at least on the ground. No breezes, nothing. There could have been a breeze up there at 2,000 feet (approximately). They did seem to be doing at least 40 knots, and I thought they were doing better then that when first sighted. I guessed their speed to be 80 knots. (I am fairly good at speeds and altitude normally with planes. Thats my thing is aircraft).

So... Thats the story. I emailed Mufon and logged it. They didnt appear to act like orbs. There is a chance though that they might have been 'something' besides 'hot air balloons'...