Bizarre Memories?

post your concerns here for friendly advice

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

Hyde

Bizarre Memories?

Post by Hyde »

Hi, I'm new here and don't really know what to say, but here goes.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm usually a pretty big skeptic. I struggle to accept things without evidence but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Not really one to buy into new age concepts but the UFO phenomenon has long been an interesting mystery where there's compelling evidence of something going on. Admittedly it's more like an obsession that comes back every few years. I'm 25 now and I can't stop reading on the subject lately, yet as I investigate I recall strange memories from my childhood sometimes.

It's worth mentioning that I never remember my dreams. Ever. I don't know why but I've always been that way. I'm pretty sure that I dream, but the moment I wake it's gone. Strangely though I have a series of memories from where I was a young child. I think they're dreams but I don't remember having them, and they seem different somehow.

The first type involves running through our house being chased by these short, grey things. I can't remember how it started or where they came from... It's even pretty difficult to remember exactly what they looked like, like they can't be seen properly? Nonetheless it opens with me running scared, trying to get downstairs to my parents. I get the sense that they're chasing me and are surprisingly agile, almost bouncing in pursuit if that makes any sense. While trying to go down some stairs I'm suddenly unable to move at all. Literally frozen in mid air. I remember the sensation really well and it feels really weird. It's tingly, like you're slightly numb all over. You can try to move your muscles but you don't move at all, it's like being encased in a forcefield that coats your skin. No matter how hard I try to push nothing happens, I can't call out either, my mouth won't open. The creatures - 2 or 3 of them, each about 3 feet tall - catch up and the memory fades. I've a few memories like this, every time covering less distance before being frozen.

The other set of memories involves sorta floating in air, another peculiar sensation. I'm in my room and moving slowly upwards. I can still look around and move my body but I can't stop the floating. I keep trying to "swim" in the air but don't go anywhere. At one point I could swear I might have gone through a closed door, as crazy as that sounds. Nonetheless after a minute or so it cuts off just as it started and I can't remember anything before or after... not even waking up from a dream or something.

I haven't had any more of these memories since I was young, so there's that. Strangely though I do sometimes wake up dressed differently to how I went to sleep, or at the wrong end of the bed, that sort of thing. I usually dismiss it as having gotten up sometime in the night and forgotten doing so, but looking back... I'm not so sure.

Anyway I know this all sounds a bit weird, but I figured there might be some insight from the people on this forum. The typical explanations tend to fall flat - never had sleep paralysis, but I can't remember a lot and it's all so confusing.

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm mad, dreaming, or something more sinister?

Thanks for reading

Diego9000

Re: Bizarre Memories?

Post by Diego9000 »

It kinda makes me think about my own experiences with alien beings...
Your description is similar to mine in some aspects.

I take this whole thing calmly and ok. I don't think I need much approval or anyone to believe me that those things happened. I think you should do same, it eases and calms you :)
Oh, moonlight, shine on me | I, who has lost the Sun | Embrace me with your light

Bonnie Jean Mitchell
Site Admin

Post by Bonnie Jean Mitchell »

Greetings Hyde,
Welcome to the forum. :)

The memories from your childhood do sound like some type of interaction with other-worldly or multi-dimensional entities. They like floating people through walls and stuff.

Perhaps you couldn't see them properly because they were too bizarre looking to you and your mind couldn't perceive them. When I was little, I first saw them as stick figures with big round heads. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I could get a better idea of what they looked like.

I think you would be able to recall your dreams if you started putting a notebook and pen by your bedside. You can train your brain to remember. When you start out, write down anything at all, even just how you feel. The first week might just be fleeting images or feelings, but take note of it every time you wake up. You will begin to notice that every day you can recall a little bit more.

I have been writing down my dreams every morning for 30 years!!! Believe me, it is worth it. I started when I was about 18. It is invaluable information to have. The waking world is just a small part of our total experience here on Earth.

The majority of "alien encounters" happen at night, when our physical bodies are asleep. Our consciousness gets up and walks around...or floats around and interacts with different types of beings.

Many Blessings, Bonnie
Hidden Knowledge Every Person Should Know: AWAKENVIDEO.ORG

Hyde

Post by Hyde »

Thanks! I've a quick question actually - has anyone had these experiences, just, stop? I mean aside from waking up dressed differently sometimes I've not had one of these anomalies since I was a younger teenager. I'm not sure there's much going on these days.
Diego9000 wrote:I take this whole thing calmly and ok. I don't think I need much approval or anyone to believe me that those things happened. I think you should do same, it eases and calms you :)
Thanks, I've chilled out a bit over the last couple of weeks. Whole thing is a bit of an "Oh s***!" issue at first!
Bonnie Jean Mitchell wrote:Perhaps you couldn't see them properly because they were too bizarre looking to you and your mind couldn't perceive them. When I was little, I first saw them as stick figures with big round heads. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I could get a better idea of what they looked like.
This is really interesting. When I try to remember this I can recall slim bodies and their movement but little exact detail. If I push myself for detail all that comes to mind is pictures from the media and I can't get a genuine memory out, like it's blocked if that makes sense. I know my memory is not right, that I remember seeing something, but trying to remember it doesn't work.
Bonnie Jean Mitchell wrote: I think you would be able to recall your dreams if you started putting a notebook and pen by your bedside. You can train your brain to remember. When you start out, write down anything at all, even just how you feel. The first week might just be fleeting images or feelings, but take note of it every time you wake up. You will begin to notice that every day you can recall a little bit more.
I've actually done this before and it definitely works to improve recall. I stopped a while back, but the interesting point to me is that I still consciously remember no dreams except these fragments. I'm not sure how useful recording current dreams is, given that if you're reading about this topic, isn't that sort of thing going to be what you end up dreaming of?
Bonnie Jean Mitchell wrote:The majority of "alien encounters" happen at night, when our physical bodies are asleep. Our consciousness gets up and walks around...or floats around and interacts with different types of beings.
Strangely enough I'm pretty sure that one of these "incidents" happened during the day. It was bright outside.

I hope you won't mind if I use this thread to dump a few more memories that have been coming back, I'm just trying to make sense of this:

So another thing I remember is that when I was much younger (8-10 years old rather than 11-16 in all the other stuff) we were living in a different house. My room was oddly shaped and had a bay window behind my bed with a little bit of standing space. I vaguely remember there sometimes being what looked like a bright light shining through it behind the curtains in the middle of the night, plus the sense of someone standing in front of the window near the bed. I don't remember anything else but from that point on I was terrified of that area of the room at night, I wouldn't even face that side of the bed when going to sleep, for fear that someone was there. I've no idea why and in hindsight it all seems rather silly, but it's unusual to me as I can't explain it.

Another time when I was a teenager I also vaguely remember walking out into a park behind where I was staying late at night for no reason whatsoever (what was I thinking? I never do that). I've no idea why but the next thing I know I'd gone back home apparently. From that point on I was terrified of that park at night for reasons I can't explain. I'm not even afraid of the dark, there just seem to be these things that make me uncomfortable for no real reason.

Thanks again for the support!

Bonnie Jean Mitchell
Site Admin

Hi Hyde,
I have had periods of time in my life when the experiences seemed to come to a stop...like during my teenage years when I was too busy to be giving my attention to them. But I don't really think they stopped...it's just that I was not paying attention.

If you spend a lot of time reading about aliens then, yes, that could cause you to dream about aliens. That is possible. But for me, even though I am on the forum and other places talking about it, I don't always see the star people. I have "normal" dreams most of the time. When the star people show up, it's not just a normal dream, it is a real experience.

These encounters can definitely happen during the day. I think it's just that most people remember things happening at night when the chaos of the day has quieted down and they are then able to notice other things happening.

It seems like you might have some repressed memories (like going out into the park late at night).
In order to recall what really happened, you could try meditating on it.

Like Diego said in his post, it is best to try and stay calm about it. If you can try to put your emotions aside for a minute and look at it more like you are researching, then it can help you gather up all the details and put the pieces together.

Many Blessings, Bonnie

Hyde

Post by Hyde »

Thanks for the input! I'll be sure to keep all that in mind.

Interestingly I found my old dream journal from about 7 years ago. I didn't record things in much detail since I forget so quickly, but I will say that the dream material in there is very obviously different from any of the memories I have... as in most of it is random nonsense which doesn't have a logical structure. You may have a point about there being a way to tell between night "visits" and dreams.

In those records (which I kept for a couple of months) I also logged any abnormalities I noticed, such as waking up dressed differently, or my clock's alarm being entirely disabled even though I never turn it off since it's tricky to do. This one is particularly peculiar:
6/6/2010 wrote:- 3:33AM Wake up fast. Numb fingertips. Sense of something strange but mind foggy. Light outside?
I remember nothing about this now, guess it really is worth writing down! I might start recording again.

Bonnie Jean Mitchell
Site Admin

Hi Hyde,

I'm glad you found your old dream journal. What a synchronicity. Yes, as you can see, it can be really interesting and informative to record your dreams. I have dreams like that too...ones that I wrote down but I didn't remember later. So I'm glad I wrote them down on paper.

We dream every night...so we are having as many experiences at night as we do during the day. And being able to recall it adds a great deal to your life. It can teach you so much.

Good Luck with recording your dreams, it is really worthwhile and you will thank yourself later.

Many Blessings, Bonnie