Request for Close Encounter Case Studies

let's just talk

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

Budding-Vallee-Jung

Request for Close Encounter Case Studies

Post by Budding-Vallee-Jung »

I am a 43 year old former member of the International Association for Jungian Studies. (IAJS). While immersed in Psychological research I read Jung's book on Flying Saucers. That led to the familiar curiosity about the whole UFO Phenomenon. Eventually I read Jacques Vallee, watched the TV Programs on the subject and was hooked. Anyway, I also had to figure out what I thought about it all (and for years I have been indecisive). But I didn't merely want to attach to the phenomenon. Now I want to make a career out of it. The way that I am hoping to achieve that goal is as follows...

... I want to contact people who have done field research. Hence, clearly I am hoping that you can put me in-touch with people who have carried out such work? (Note: MUFON cannot do this due to their principle of witness anonymity). I want data gathered from the site of where UFO close encounters occurred. Ground Traces, Physiological impact on the witness (e.g., nausea, temporary blindness) and witness statements. These Case Studies will then be emailed to me. The motivation for the investigator to send me the Case Studies will be desire for maximizing exposure as much as is possible. I will work tirelessly to get their work mentioned... all the investigator has to do is send me their written work. Because I will sell the Case Studies to authors of forthcoming UFO books. Note that I will not be sending them to Jungian or any other Psychology-related authors. I will be sticking to Ufology. When one book publishes the Case Study it is always likely to be referenced by another author in the future. Even if that does not happen... my attempt would be to get any single Case Study to as many authors as possible. So I am wondering if any member of this discussion forum (or anyone you know) would be happy to send me Case Studies carried out at the site of where Close Encounters occurred?

Note: I will not judge the Case Studies myself. They are what they are. So for example, if one came to me that read like 'Betty & Barney Hills' then I would just send it 100% unedited to various writers.

I would like to also point out that I am not just going to try and do business. My passion for the UFO Phenomenon means that I will be considering my views of Close Encounters within a philosophy of science context. Basically, I think that Ufology lacks organisation as a discipline. It isn't true that it is all nonsense. Definitely not! But it still needs to be organized more like a science. It is pre-science at present. If it was consensual within itself then that would be a good start. I will therefore be writing another paper of my own - and certainly not put a price tag on it and I would send it to anyone whether they be experiencers or researchers or just people with a general curiosity. That paper (once written) may end up being my sole contribution to Ufology. It will only have a drop of water significance in the ocean if, and only if, enough others are thinking a-long similar lines. I think that e.g., a science such as SETI know what they have to do to increase their chances of discovering ETI (They need better and better telescopes and more people being involved in the search). Ufology does not have this obvious consensus. I think that Ufology needs better and better consensus (established through physical evidence) so that it communicates more effectively to the masses in a mainstream way. Then the publics conformity will ensure that the evidence is believed and if that leads to a paradigm shift, so-be-it. But first it must establish relative consensus within itself. I think Ufology could achieve this by parroting the patterns in the data, discovered through knowledge of thousands of Case Studies.

Some of the most hard-to-believe aspects of Ufology should be anomalies within Ufology. Hence, the physical and physiological aspects should be mainstream normal science that the science of Ufology communicates to society. Its from that base that the anomalous could then be considered. So it is this thinking that led me to my choice of where to go from here concerning my own career development. I hope that you think that if I can try and help Ufology, I can be helped by the Ufology community.

guldage

Re: Request for Close Encounter Case Studies

Post by guldage »

I think you might get some difeculties in finding subjects for this kind of study. I for one work in science as my day job and have these experiences my intere life. But I would never go public with them. It is to great a stigma and a sure thing for ridicule.

Alljacks

Post by Alljacks »

Do you know of any researchers who want abduction experiences?

guldage

Post by guldage »

I am not aware of any no