Movies / TV Shows

experiences with otherworldly beings

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

dsegal

Movies / TV Shows

Post by dsegal »

So, I've been working from home this week and the SciFi Channel has been running a rerun of "Taken" (2002) --- have any of you seen that miniseries? Highly recommended if you haven't seen it, by the way.

As I've watched this series again, I couldn't help but notice so many similarities to what I've experienced over the years. Steven Spielberg was the director of the show (of course, he's the man). There are a lot of subtleties throughout the show that are nearly identical to some of my experiences.

As coincidence would have it, Spielberg also directed "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." There are a lot of internet references about the possibility that something like Close Encounters of the Third Kind actually happened (a scheduled human/alien exchange - 12 people, as seen at the very end of the movie). The Serpo site covers many of the bullet points, although some of the sources are probably not reliable.

It makes we wonder... how is it that Spielberg makes alien/ufo shows that are SUPER accurate? Research? Interviews? Luck? Other?

I don't believe in luck. I've always wondered if some of these shows are part of a bigger picture--- all intentional. Positioned to be sci-fi, but.... they're really not. Recently, the History Channel declined to run a Kennedy miniseries because of inconsistencies and lack of accuracy; however, they run UFO shows all week long. Not run on HBO or SCIFI--- but the History Channel. There's reason for that. It would be very interesting to "follow the money," if you know what I mean.

Have any of you watched a show, miniseries or a movie and thought, "Holy sh1t!! --- Where did they learn that?" Some of the subtle plot points aren't good sci-fi creative writing--- they're actually things I've lived through. What about you guys?

Dave