Shadow People

experiences with otherworldly beings

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

chemdream78

Shadow People

Post by chemdream78 »

Hi all. This is my first post.

For a majority of my life, I have had encounters with shadow people. Usually at night.

It actually started when I was very young and almost completely stopped when I was in my late teens. They were usually about 4 feet tall, with larger than normal heads and hands. They moved really quickly at times.

When I was about 25 or 26, it started happening again. Unfortunately, this time I would start being terrorized by Hat Man. I had no idea about the Hat Man phenomena. It happened to me almost every night for more than a year. I actually didn't remember it at first. When I started to, I brought it up to a few friends... You know, buttering it up with "I've been having strange & realistic dreams..." Then, after it stopped or slowed down, I saw a special about epilepsy on TV. A woman being interviewed brought up the penomina because it's said to affect a lot of people with epilepsy. I almost fell out of my chair when they showed a sketch of Hat Man. I didn't know anyone else experienced it!

But anyways, back to the shadow people. They never harmed me or abducted me or anything like that. But the similarities to my stories and the stories of abductees were to close to ignore. So I sought out abductees just to talk about my experiences. Now, I do not think I have ever been abducted. Nor do I want to! It sounds far more terrifying than my experiences.

Some of the similarities are not just the size and shape of some of the shadow people. I would also sense them before they actually showed up. Especially Hat Man... Also, when Hat Man would approach me, many times a buzzing or whirring would keep getting louder and louder in my head. It would paralyze me.

Anyways, I'm happy to answer questions to anyone that has experienced anything like this, or is just interested. Just reply to the post.

ManhattanSkyline

Re: Shadow People

Post by ManhattanSkyline »

Hi, chemdream78. Welcome!

I have had some abduction-type experiences in my life, but my earliest recollections are of a shadow man that used to come to my bed at night.

When I was little (anywhere from 2-4 yrs old), my eldest sister and I used to sleep in the same bed. There was a closet at the end of the bed. And on some nights, I would see a shadow man come out of the closet. He wore a trench coat and a fedora hat. I remember his image vividly. He was solid shadow. Whenever I saw him, I would be paralyzed and couldn't move. My sister would always be dead asleep next to me and never woke up when I saw him. He would walk up to the side of my bed and take what looked like a knife (I could see it's silvery glint in the moonlight) out of it's coat and hold it above me like he was going to stab me. And then I wouldn't remember anything past that point. This happened several times. It was no dream. I was fully awake. I had not even dosed off to sleep yet. My young self never doubted what I was seeing was real. I would tell my parents what I saw, and they would tell me I was just having nightmares, and I remember feeling so hurt that they didn't believe me, and so betrayed because they would not help me or protect me from this.

Last summer, I got up the nerve to ask my sister if she ever saw anything unusual in our bedroom at night when we were kids. She said that sometimes she would see a white lion made out of "white shadow" she called it. It would sit at the foot of the bed and stare at her. She was paralyzed with fear of it. She said she was afraid it would open its mouth and roar, and she felt if it did, she would die. And she would just stare at it until it wasn't there anymore. I recently found a book about some rare white lions in Africa (the only white lions on earth) and the folklore behind them. The lions are meant to be the representation of their gods which physically descended from the sky to that location in Africa a long time ago. Interesting.

Also, later that summer, I asked my mother if she remembered me complaining about the shadow man from the closet when I was young. She said she remembered. I expressed how hurt I was that she brushed it off and didn't seem to help me. And then she told me something she had NEVER told me before in all my years. She said she just thought it was my imagination because she used to imagine the same thing, too. In her bedroom where she slept when she was little, there was a closet at the foot of her bed too (I remember this room at my grandparents house). She said when she was little she used to think there was a man in a coat and hat who would come out of the closet and hold a knife over her like he was going to stab her. She would hide terrified under the covers until it went away. I'm not gonna lie. I felt even more hurt that my mother had blown my experience off when she had experienced the exact same thing as a child. She did know what I was going through but refused to acknowledge it or help me. My mother had never told me this before. And we had the same experience of the same-looking shadow man doing the same things to us?

Last year, I started having some dreams, and it took me awhile to make any connection. Both dreams were similar in that I ran into this alien man and was trying to help him hide/escape on a militarized university campus. The unusual thing about this alien man was that he had the basic shape of a human, but his face was extremely really wrinkled like an old man. Also, he had just a bump of a nose and just holes for ears, but his eyes and mouth and body shape looked human. The interesting thing was that in both of these dreams, he was wearing a trench coat and a fedora hat, just like my childhood shadow man. But in the dream, I wasn't scared of him. He was an old friend that I hadn't seen in ages but immediately recognized and loved when I saw him. He "smelled" familiar if that makes any sense. I immediately knew I had known him for eons, and I was so happy because we were getting to cross paths again.

Here's an extra bit of crazy--in the main dream I met him on a college campus lawn with lots of intersecting walkways. I immediately led him into a big building with large pillars on the front and a large dome on top. It was a library. In the dream we ran to an upstairs room, but accidently stumbled into a secret meeting between the military and members of the university administration and faculty. The meeting was in a dark room with a small stage area with a red curtain. They immediately recognized us and started to chase us, so we got in the elevator and began going up (I know, traditional bad choice made in every horror movie). But my alien friend had a plan. Just as the elevator got to the top floor, he hooked up some kind of device to the elevator and made a "space-time pocket". He created a floor in between the floors that really existed but his floor was on a different dimension. We went into this alter-dimensional room to hide from the men in black that were pursuing us. It was like a nice apartment at the top of the library with windows. However, he had made a mistake. When he created the space-time pocket, the time inside the room moved faster than the time outside the room in the "real world." So we were aging rapidly while the people pursuing us were moving in slow motion. We were stuck. We couldn't get back in the elevator and leave b/c we knew the men in black were still hot on our heels moving toward the top floor. So we grew old together and died in that apartment watching the rest of the world move in slow motion from our windows at the top of the building. Anyway, the weird part is I was surfing the net a few weeks ago and suddenly came upon a picture of the exact same library building as my dream! There's a long narrow lawn in front of it too, with the same pattern of walkways. It's at the University of Rochester in New York. The crazy thing is, surfing their site I came upon another building from my dreams. A long time ago, I dreamt I was on a college campus walking into a square-shaped building with tons of windows and light pouring through. I see this same building from my dream on the University of Rochester website, but I was only looking at a sketch of the building because it hasn't even been built yet! It's not scheduled for completion until August of this year. ?! I have never been to this campus or heard of this university before. I'm from the South. I flew to NYC once for a school trip, but I've never been anywhere near Rochester. Why am I dreaming of a place I've never been to and dreaming of walking into a building that hasn't been built yet? That did throw me for a loop, not to mention the fact when it dawned on me that this alien wore the same outfit as my shadow man, and I had been having a resurgence of abduction experiences. So, yeah, a bunch of weirdness, but you can't say it's not interesting.

As for the shadow man, I have my guesses as to what he is. But I'm not scared of him anymore. I don't want to freak you out and say you are being abducted. Only you know that. But I've also had different shadow people experiences that seem completely unrelated to "alien stuff." This past November, (I remember it because it was in the wee hours of the morning after election night), I was lying on my back with my head tilted to the side, and I could see a shadow in the outline of a man standing next to my bed (this guy was different, no hat or coat). It seemed real because my room was exactly as it normally is at night with the dim light of the night light on my dresser. Then I apparently "woke up" because I opened my eyes again, and in real life I'm laying in the exact same way with my head tilted looking at the exact same spot in the room, but this time the shadow person is gone. I wasn't scared at all. I felt very peaceful, in fact. I had the impression that he had "heard of me" and just came to "take a gander at me." So in this episode, it felt like the shadow person was more of a spirit-like entity than alien. Your experiences may be of a similar nature.

ManhattanSkyline

I did some more internet surfing and found an account of a guy named Andy Pero who claimed to be the victim of mind control experiments, and he claimed that there was a lab where these experiments took place in the attic of the library at the University of Rochester. I am freaking out a little. Should I be concerned? This is more than just a little weird. I really am freaking out a little. What does this mean? Why would I dream of this place?

Blue_Eyed_Aliens

Post by Blue_Eyed_Aliens »

ManhattanSkyline, I don't have a degree or anything like that kind of fancy paper, but I have a theory. I believe that we all have souls and these souls have energized blue prints or a form of DNA, depending on the soul, it consists of were in the universe were from or dimension within our reality. These have natural attributes of past lives that can influence our present lives. These could emanate a certain frequency that others could pick up on, hence the idea of soul mates always finding each other in different lives. But our physical bodies in this dimension of reality, don't have the information within the physical brain, but when we have astral projections and lucid dreaming glimpses of this information can form within the dream, and the way the brain processes it forms the elements within the dream. So that's why I believe through mediation and practice of astral projection you can learn to communicate your inner being and grow, along with entities in other realms in which our soul energy can manifest. Try it out, who knows what you could find.

ManhattanSkyline

Your theory actually makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe I am astrally projecting? I can't seem to do it on purpose though, lol. I take that back. I tried it once from a conscious state through meditation and relaxation, but the event was so violent (the shaking was intense!) and draining that I've shied away from trying it intentionally again. I've never really been lucid in my dreaming either. Well, there's been times where I've realized in the dream that I was dreaming, but I've never been able to take it a step further and control the dream. Well, truthfully, I'm more tempted to just be aware and observe what's happening, just see what my subconscious has to tell me. I'm afraid of taking control and playing around when my subconscious could have something vitally important to tell me. I tend to be more of an observer than a do-er, but I admit that becomes a weakness after you pass a certain point. You can't remain a student forever. Really, I think I'm just scared of trying new things and exploring this kind of territory. This is UNKNOWN territory. This stuff doesn't follow the same laws of physics that this world does. What if I get in over my head? What if I have a run in with some really nasty entity who decides to haunt me for the rest of my life? What if I royally screw something up permanently because of my ignorance? What if...? I am cautious to the point of self-paralysis. Somebody slap me!

Rossmancer

Post by Rossmancer »

I have had a shadow person experience of my own when I was very young. I am convinced that it was a real experience.

However research has shown a possible scientific explanation. I am not saying that this accounts for all or any of what people are experiencing when they describe a shadow person. But it could possibly explain at least some of them.

If anyone out there is searching for an explanation and doesn't like supernatural one. Here is an alternative:

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/scie ... ow-person/

I feel it's important that people who are interested in shadow people read this article. It does not solve the problem, but it may be a step into the right direction.
Seeing isn't Believing. Believing is seeing.

chemdream78

Post by chemdream78 »

A great new documentary just came out about shadow people, called "The Nightmare". It might be the scariest movie I've ever seen.

That said, my wife asked if it scared me, I said "Hell no! I've experienced this in real life. The movie adaptation is easy in comparison."

wings

Post by wings »

I have seen many shadow people (figures in the spirit).

I looked up the library online. The inside reminds me of the Adjustment Bureau movie with Matt Damon. Its also said that Angels like to hang out in Libraries. Angels also can make themselves to look like ordinary people.

I did have a dream where a man that had come to my house (in reality) to hypnotize me concerning seeing a UFO (headache, driving home one night late from a MUFON meeting) and this person was in my dream, in his very nice blue suit, immaculate combed short gray hair, and he and a person, in a home, nice, well stocked library, was telling me 'NO, you did NOT see a UFO' and I was arguing that I did, and I escaped out into the neighborhood. Wide street, sidewalks of older concrete, a place that rains a lot like back east, huge trees and medium large lawns, and after a while of running on the street, I woke up.

Also, once when praying, I saw, perfectly, out the corner of my eye, a person in a while robe, short black hair, gold belt and gold trimmings on the robe, behind me. I was on my knees facing my bed prepairing to pray and he was behind me about 2 feet away, also on his knees. I figured this was the Holy Spirit.

I have seen Angels, people in the spirit, etc. It seems to be quite a few that are in the spirit. I do not think I have ever seen a 'man in black' though. I have seen also aliens in the spirit, VERY OFTEN. Some bad issues there.

I wonder about that University... That library. Perhaps you all should visit it. See if you can find your way around in there and find a room, a person, etc. Just be careful...

wings

Post by wings »

I should also say, there are people that learn to go into the spirit and can go and navigate the world through it. OOBE. But it seems to be cornered by satanic groups. When you start having OOBE's, people show up. Aliens, witches, demons, you name it. They want you on their team. They will start causing HECK in your life, trying to take you over, trying to get you to join them and do what they do.

not good...