Social Isolation of an Abductee

let's just talk

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

AdamCody1111

Social Isolation of an Abductee

Post by AdamCody1111 »

As an abductee/contactee how do we deal with not being able to share our experiences with the people we love? Friends and family that would scoff at the very idea of things that we have been through, dismissing our experiences as fiction or imagination. Yet these experiences are very real for us, as real as me typing this right now. I am 26 years old and saddened to come to the realization that nobody truly knows me. Sure my family knows me as one person, my friends as another, and my coworkers yet another. They don't really know me though, just the version of me I put on as a front to fit in, a mask to blend in with the crowd. The stigma surrounding this subject is what keeps many people like me quiet. If I share my experiences I face becoming a social outcast, ruining the relationships with my family members and friends, and destroying their image of me. My experiences have shaped me to become everything I am today, they have been the most impactful moments of my life. The things I have witnessed and been apart of have been nothing short of incredible and yet these are the things I hold back from sharing with the people I know. It saddens me to know that I will live my entire life and die having been nothing but a stranger to every other human on the planet. I see people pour out their hearts and soul to each other and fall in love, meanwhile I just feel like a ghost passing by. I know there are thousands of other people like me out there. My question is how do you deal with the lonliness?

Bonnie Jean Mitchell
Site Admin

Re: Social Isolation of an Abductee

Post by Bonnie Jean Mitchell »

Hi AdamCody,

It is a lonely road, for sure. And we do have to be careful about who we tell and, yes, sometimes we put on a front or a false face to try and fit in. I know all about it.

When I was about 22 years old, I sat down with my parents and told them I was being visited by aliens. They were real quiet and they let me tell them about it. My dad wanted to know "How do you know they're aliens?" And I said, "Because they are not human." And he went on to say,"Well honey, you've had a metaphysical experience. That's okay." So, it made me feel good to tell them, but we never really spoke more about it. Even after I published my first book, Invitation to the Self; journey with the star people, I didn't speak to my parents about it. I gave them a copy of the book and they tried to read it, but it was just too much for them to handle. However, they always supported me in being independent and doing what I needed to do, but it was not something they really wanted to be involved in.

The rest of my family knows about my experiences because I told them, and when I published my book they knew about it. One of my cousins even bought a couple copies. :-) You have to be gentle with people about this subject, especially if they have no idea what you are talking about.

As for friends and partners, it would be a good idea to surround yourself with other people who share the same interests as you...if you can. It won't be everybody you know, but at least have some friends you can talk to.

I have always made it a point, throughout my life, to tell potential partners about my experiences right away. So then you know immediately if it is going to work out or not! My husband knew about my experiences the day he met me. We have been together for 9 years now, and we do a lot of metaphysical research together. If I had not told him about my experiences, we wouldn't even be together doing this great work! www.AwakenVideo.org

In this day and age, more and more people are opening up about their metaphysical experiences. And I am sure that many of them are looking for friends and partners!

Be strong inside and know that you are on the right track. You know what is true: there is soooo much more to this reality, and you are aware of it, so be proud of yourself. Family members may or may not get it in this lifetime, but you can surround yourself with others who do know.

Many Blessings, Bonnie
Hidden Knowledge Every Person Should Know: AWAKENVIDEO.ORG

AdamCody1111

Post by AdamCody1111 »

Thank you for that reply Bonnie it really hits home with me, and thanks for sharing your personal journey it lets me know there is hope.

Bonnie Jean Mitchell
Site Admin

Post by Bonnie Jean Mitchell »

You are very welcome, Adam Cody. There are many people like us, who have these experiences, but everybody seems to be hiding! :D Fortunately, more people are getting their courage up and speaking out about this. Things are getting better, really. When I first started talking about alien abduction 30 years ago, not many people were talking about it. I was on my own for a while. Now it is becoming part of our culture, so it is okay to get the truth out there. Keep your chin up, friend! Consciousness is rising and more people are becoming aware.
Hidden Knowledge Every Person Should Know: AWAKENVIDEO.ORG

guldage

Post by guldage »

I do believe it changes and shapes you these kind of experience. Not just because you cant tell about it but also because of the the traumatic event it can be.
I was problely abducted from I was a baby and was always more serious child than everybody else. Talked about things that others could not follow or understand. Had an interest in the universe and the like already as a toddler and ended up not really fitting in into mainstreem. I think that that is something we all carry with us. That feeling.
I have come to turmes with the whole thing today, but it has been a road at times and I will guess it will in some days continue to be.
But it does help you are not alone and know people that gets you

AdamCody1111

Post by AdamCody1111 »

ya absolutely guldage, it feels like living 2 lives sometimes. I was the same way as a child and was ostracized for it. Although I would not wish this path in life on anyone, it is comforting to know im not alone and some people can relate.

Diego9000

Post by Diego9000 »

Quote: "My question is how do you deal with the lonliness?"
Answer: "Hello darkness, my old friend, I came to see you again!"

Jokes aside, from my experience, in my entire life, no one really bothers to know fully about you or what you goes through. So I'm what they expect me to be at that moment. But the "loosened" Diego, it never came out, but it does exist.
Oh, moonlight, shine on me | I, who has lost the Sun | Embrace me with your light

AdamCody1111

Post by AdamCody1111 »

Lol the darkeness of the night has become my friend indeed, i am a night owl. Ya people dont bother to dig to deep into my life too much either, but the sad part is when they do i have to ignore them/lie or pretend like things are all good because obviously the truth isnt an option. I try to look at myself through the eyes of others and i imagine they just think im some boring antisocial recluse with some strange habits and interests like staying up all night or researching paranormal stuff. Meanwhile im out shaking hands with E.T (or trying to pry them off me depending on the night) its a strange life indeed Diego

guldage

Post by guldage »

It is a strange life indeed. I often wonder if I am the alien in this life and not the other. Sometimes it gets a bit confused.
As Bonnie this has followed me my whole life. Most likely also my family before me. Here and there my health has gone down the hill, always shortly after an insidense or visit of these entities.
Doctors looking like we can see something is wrong with you but we have no clue why. Bloodwork completely messed up.
Today for me the unnatural is the natural if you can say it that way. You live with it somehow. I am fortunate these days that I have some friends that knows about the whole thing and understands what it does to you. Also meet a few that can tell their own tale. That makes it all a bit easier that you can talk to people about it.