Camera Practice. Be ready!

tell us what you saw

Moderator: Bonnie Jean Mitchell

wings

Camera Practice. Be ready!

Post by wings »

Hey all,

If you are wanting to shoot some good photos or video 'if' you should see a UFO (or Alien for that matter), you really need to practice. If something is flying overhead and at good speed, you have a handful of seconds to do this in. Knowing how your camera works, how to turn it on the fastest way possible, knowing any shortcuts for working it, will help you to catch a good photo or video.

We all know how to take photos, but if you have migrated to a new phone, new camera, and its slightly different, then you need to fully check out all it can do, its various settings, and now and then, take a break and just 'practice' a few drills to make sure you get it all right and can get photo ready as quickly as possible.

A few weeks ago, 3 slow moving 'things' that I thought were orbs were flying right near my house, nearly flying over, when they started turning. I quickly got out my camera and 'thought' I was video taping them. What I think I did was hit the video button, but a second button appears, record/pause. I do not think I hit the record and I recorded nothing. (thats all I can figure I did as I had only 1 second of one video and I took 2 videos).

So, be ready, get your camera or your camera app fully figured out. Practice getting it out of your pocket and snap a pick as quick as possible. Some camera's like the HTC ONE M8 phone can go straight to camera by holding it up horizontally (like a camera) and clicking up-volume. Done! Your camera should be on and ready for a snap. Practice by taking pictures of a pet or loved one. You can always erase them later. Do this with video as well.

You wont be sorry, I think. Even if you never spot a UFO, at least you will be ready.

ManhattanSkyline

Re: Camera Practice. Be ready!

Post by ManhattanSkyline »

Last edited by ManhattanSkyline on Fri May 31, 2024 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wings

Post by wings »

Many thanks! That is a brilliant idea.

I too have seen some 'things' that are more like streaks, but thought either I am seeing things, or they are flying at 1,000 MPH and I just cant see them with my human eyes, so whats the point. Kind of makes me mad, but oh well. What I see is similar to being at night, standing on the sidewalk, the streetlights are on, and you look around in the sky and a light burn or light absorbsion on your eye causes a flash like a streak that arcs and at first it is like you are seeing something, but then I realize its from the street light. But.............. It happens during the day, and no streetlights are on. I dont know...

Reminds me of that sleek little thing that flies past the window of that woman being interviewed on TV in England, a small craft flying over the Thames river, probably doing some ridiculous speed that is unheard of, but in perhaps 5 frames of video, there it is, zipping smoothly along.

ManhattanSkyline

Last edited by ManhattanSkyline on Fri May 31, 2024 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManhattanSkyline

Last edited by ManhattanSkyline on Fri May 31, 2024 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wings

Post by wings »

Yep, lol...

When I photographed the three orange things at night recently, one was just a dot on black. Its like, why even try. Maybe if it were 10 feet away so you see detail. But........! You documented it and with a surrounding area for verification and scale. Nice!

guldage

Post by guldage »

well I have lately exsperiencing malfunctions of my Camera, when I have been seing something in the Sky.
My phone or Camera simply dies when something strange in the Sky is around.

Interesting picture

wings

Post by wings »

Thats a bummer. You could try reformatting the smart phone, if its a cellphone you use, and see if that wipes the program that might have been remotely installed.

I watched a couple of YouTube videos of people filming UFO's today. Funny how they didnt see the saucer hovering next to the ballpark that is in the view of the camera, but there it is later when they watched the film. So many people are filming UFO's without knowing it. Apparently we cannot see them, but cameras can.

guldage

Post by guldage »

Well there has to bee something about the control of my camera(cellphone) It has happened 3 times in resent times and everytime it has been when I have have seen something in the sky.

Otherwise I have no problem what so ever!